- Leaving the Fold: Candid Conversations with Inactive Mormons (Signature Books, 2000)
- Hawks and Roses (Peregrine Smith Books, 1993);
- Bait for Trout, Being the Confessions of an Unorthodox Angler (Regnery, 1973).
Gardner and Grace Publishers
- Fly Fishing For Sales: 33 Axioms for Making Big Money in Sales (2014)
- The Laughing Trout, A Novel of Fly Fishing in a Mad, Mad World of Love and Pandemonium (2013)
- The Utah Arts Council: Utah’s Best Novel, 2011, Skywriting
- Utah’s Best Non-Fiction book, 1993, Looking for Regalis
- 2nd place Utah’s Best Memoir, 2003, Polio Boys
- 2nd Place, Utah’s Best Juvenile Book, 2014. Sula Eats the Sea
- 1st Place, personal essay, Utah Arts Council 2015 Writing Competition, “The Other Amelia.”
GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- A grant from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Utah Arts Council for Leaving the Fold.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism from the University of Utah on a scholarship from the Society of Professional Journalists
- Attended graduate school on a fellowship awarded by the William Randolph Hearst Foundation as part of a series of writing competitions.
- International Travel News; feature stories beginning in 2006 include “Paris for the Holidays;” “Amsterdam, Croatia and Scotland;” “Texel: Europe’s Last WWII Battleground,” (October, 2014).
- Flyfishing magazine: “Strawberry Trout” (1983).
Five years staff writing and editing, The Salt Lake Tribune
Advertising management, Procter and Gamble, Cincinnati
Former executive director of the Sundance Film Festival.
Owner of an advertising and public relations firm
Publicist, Taft Entertainment
Animal handler, Walt Disney Studios
Killing The Tribune.
The Other Amelia: The True Story of Missing World War II Women Air Force Service Pilot Gertrude Tompkins.
You can also find the “Other Amelia “ script posted at Amazon Studios. https://studios.amazon.com/
SULA EATS THE SEA, a juvenile novel. Heiress Sula Kinross steals the family yacht and flees her entitled life to search for her real father. Helped by an unlikely stowaway, she fights against two killers: the stormy Pacific Ocean and her step-father. Book is complete.